Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, August 31, 2003

    I'm not a thief

    Lori has this song in her away message tonight, but I lovelovelove this song and used to have it in MY away messages at the end of Freshman year, and now I'm putting it here too because it always applies in my life (and yours too).

    I don't get many things right the first time
    In fact, I am told that a lot
    Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
    Brought me here

    And where was I before the day
    That I first saw your lovely face?
    Now I see it everyday
    And I know

    That I am
    I am
    I am
    The luckiest

    What if I'd been born fifty years before you
    In a house on a street where you lived?
    Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
    Would I know?

    And in a white sea of eyes
    I see one pair that I recognize
    And I know

    That I am
    I am
    I am
    The luckiest

    I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

    Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
    And one day passed away in his sleep
    And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
    And passed away

    I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
    That I know

    That I am
    I am
    I am
    The luckiest

    ~The Luckiest, Ben Folds

    No comments: