Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, September 30, 2003

    So how am I liking London?

    London is great so far... I live in a flat with seven others, and we all seem to get along well from the times I've hung out or gone out with them. There are 4 other girls (2 Brits, another American, and one from France), and the guys are from Israel, Mexico, and India. Beat THAT diversity! My room is a single with my own small bathroom (!), and then we as a flat have a nice-sized kitchen and eating area. I'm 2 minutes or less away from all those other Berg people, so I see everyone often (Lesley just came up behind me, actually).
    Hmm, what else? Orientation was very boring. From Sunday Sept 21 (when I arrived) until yesterday, Monday the 29th, I had a whopping total of two meetings to be at, neither of which was too exciting. I had to change a class because one of them conflicted with Shakespeare's London, which I want to take here, so I switched out of a sorta basic stagecraft course into a level 2 course called Drama production 2, because I was told I could focus specifically on stage management in that course. Well, I had my first class today, which was that class, and of course Stage Management is NOT on of the focus areas, so I went for directing instead. Uh, sure, why not? Tomorrow I have meetings for London Theatre and Acting in London, and then on Friday I have my first Shakespeare class (and Jason arrives!!).
    Other than being bored, I've done a whole lotta food etc. shopping, seen Ned Kelly (Orlando's newest movie), seen a David Mamet play starring Kenneth Branaugh (Sp?), called Edmond, for a whopping £6, walked around Leicester (pronouned Lester) Square quite a bit, and seen the London premiere of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen from afar (I saw Shane West, as well as where Sean Connery was standing, but there were boards blocking my sight so I didn't actually see him. Suffice it to say, I was stnding maybe 40 feet away from him. It's been a good time... and now I'm sick.

    No comments: