Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, May 19, 2006

    Milwaukee Intern year Memories

    Remember when:

     

    ~We had our first Intern meet and greet crowded into Cat’s room at the Plaza?

    ~Everything was new and shiny?

    ~Melissa and I spent our first Thursday night in Milwaukee with two bottles of wine?

    ~We used to annoy the Plaza Café people by adding more and more people to our breakfast tables on the patio?

    ~I chased Briana’s cat around her house after a night at the Y Not II?

    ~All of the interns used to go out together on Saturday nights back when Sunday was the day off?

    ~All the males ran around shirtless during the game of kickball at the Company Picnic?

    ~Irish Fest was awesome?

    ~I originally wasn’t going to do the run of A Flea in Her Ear?

    ~Jason came to visit me in my new city?

    ~Kelly gave me three boxes of Easy Mac when Flea opened?

    ~I feather-dusted that center unit as it moved offstage during the first scene shift during Flea?

    ~And had awesome shoes?

    ~Glenn and I learned that “Toroidial” means “donut-shaped”?

    ~I walked up to Erica backstage during a show and meowed?

    ~Sam dubbed me “Bridget” so I wouldn’t get confused when he said “back up” over headset?

    ~And then re-named me “Miss Perfect” because I liked to put the furniture on it’s spike marks?

    ~Sam gave me a third of Poche’s baguette to eat every night?

    ~We had a girls’ night at Katherine’s room at the Knick…and then the boys showed up?

    ~Lauren and I became friends over a terse “fine” during that awful game of Trivial Pursuit?

    ~Briana wanted to go to the Cab on the night it opened but I found it boring and left her there?

    ~Jeanine dubbed the Rachel’s “Crayola” and “Light Brite” so as to distinguish between them?

    ~The Flea understudy run was on-stage?

    ~I got me some food stamps?

    ~We played Scrabble in the Plaza lobby for the first time?

    ~Jeremy Dubin and Sam convinced me to go see Serenity even though I had never seen Firefly?

    ~I accidentally hit on Jimmy by trying to bond with him over the difficulties of long-distance relationships?

    ~The paint shop had a costume party on Halloween?

    ~I told Jimmy how Steve, who had just walked out of the room, likes how I say the word “spoons” and Jimmy said, “Who’s Steve?  Is that your boyfriend?”

    ~A kitty named Moth came to live with me?

    ~Jimmy got me and his daughter Sarah confused?

    ~Jimmy tried to take a picture of me?

    ~Matt and I became LOST buddies?

    ~Peoplewho thought I was Jenna told me I was good in Clean House and Laughing Stock?

    ~We read Whitney’s Anne Rice books when Val had us over for Thanksgiving?

    ~In Madison, Jimmy and the Culver’s guy were clearly a match made in heaven?

    ~In Madison, Doug told me to come hang out with him in the middle of the night?

    ~I worked on A Christmas Carol for three days?

    ~Amanda called Becky and me “B. Sizzle” and “B. Sazzle” for the first time?

    ~During Sueno, I spent most of the rehearsal period listening to "Fuck me running"?

    ~Karaoke became a weekly fixture in my life?

    ~I wasn’t originally supposed to do the run of Bad Dates?

    ~Amanda spilled coffee on my boob during rehearsal?

    ~Mom and Beth came to visit for Christmas?

    ~Lesley made me truffles for my birthday and we went to eat at Yaffa?

    ~The Intern Angels took us Ice skating and bought us Starbucks?

    ~Jenna discovered the joy of the gecko in Melissa’s room?

    ~On Melissa’s last night in the Cab, I let my tongue flap a little too much?

    ~A Kiwi named Charlotte waltzed in and out of our lives?

    ~I sounded like a man when I was sick?

    ~I didn’t think that “symbology” was a word?

    ~Amanda had Wine nights at her amazing apartment?

    ~We had a crazy night out on Valentine’s Day at Mo’s?

    ~Kyle drove us home and Rachel and I wouldn’t stop pushing all the buttons in his car, which eternally said “Change Oil Now”?

    ~The paint shop had a Luau party when it was –30 degrees outside?

    ~Amanda and I couldn’t get any work done if we weren’t using our iPods?

    ~Intimate Apparel line notes ate my life?

    ~Jeanine was trapped in her room at the Plaza for over an hour?

    ~I started watching Garden State at 3:50 am after Whitney’s Wolski’s birthday?

    ~Cat had a Clothes trading party and I gained more clothing than I got rid of?

    ~Lauren threw a party with all the alcohol leaving Interns had given her?

    ~Lauren and I ate a cherry cobbler all by ourselves in one sitting?

    ~Don Mackay called me the MacGuyver of ASMs during Morrie rehearsals?

    ~Sahba took me out on a motorcycle ride and we stayed out for two hours?

     

    Well, I remember it, at any rate :)  I miss that city and those people.  And that beer.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Milwaukee misses you too. Came here for my first day off to see Sarah. See now that you're NOT here, I don't confuse you with my daughter any more. AFT rehearsals going well so far - as well as they could be without a top-notch ASM/PA/future SM like yourself! :)