Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, May 11, 2006

    "Well, I'm back." - Samwise Gamgee, Return of the King

    Home again, home again, la la la.

    In true "the grass is always greener" form, I miss Milwaukee.  Home will be great and by the end of the summer I'll be sad to leave again, but right now I'm going through a bit of withdrawal.  For instance, last night after Lost was over, I just thought, "in about an hour I SHOULD be going to kareoke.." 

    I know I'll be going back, and SOON, and that I will see many/most of the same people again in life, if not soon.  There was something about saying goodbye to this intern group that was as upsetting as graduating, though.  When you go to college, you know that you'll be there for four years and then you'll have to say goodbye.  But most people try to find a job after graduating that they can stick with for a while, climb the ladder, etc.  In my life, though, I'm going to be saying goodbye to people every season, if not every few months.  Realizing that next year when I come back I won't have my intern group there, and that that same group of people will never be working at the same place at the same time again was saddening in a way that even graduating was not.  So, while I can't wait to go back next season with Briana and Whitney and Amanda and Becky, etc., and make new friends among the interns, I will miss Lauren and Jordan and Jeanine and Rachel and Mike and Matt and George and Venessa and etc.

    Now, good news.  I just got the phonecall that I officially have an apartment to move into on July 30th or whenever I go back.  Yay!  It's in a building called Lakeside Apartments, which is owned by the same people as the Plaza.  It's a cheap efficiency apartment (aka teeeeeeeeeny tiny), but it's fine for just me.  I'll need to find some furniture to put in aforementioned apartment, though.  Also some money to buy the furniture with.  As much as I told people like Jordan and Matt that they're welcome to crash at my place until they find somewhere to live in the Fall (they'll both be back in Milwaukee working on shows for a few months), I'm seriously wondering whether I'll have any space for them to crash in...  Ah well, we can worry about that later.

    Home is nice.  I read Angels & Demons - an enjoyable read.  I'm gonna call Careers USA tomorrow and get a temp job, and mom is gonna find us a puppy soon.  Tonight I'm going out with Jason - first time I've seen him since last September.  Wierd.

    I lost 7 pounds since last I was home.  I would think an intern's income could do even better than that!  I'll blame it on the food stamps.

    No comments: