Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, October 13, 2003

    continued from below

    This past weekend Danielle, Jeni (Danielle's flatmate - she's an adopted Berg student) and I went to Edinburgh, Scotland, which was a wonderful weekend trip. We left after class on Friday and got back around 1 (13:00, that is) today. The train ride was about 4 hours going and 5 hours coming back, so we got in Friday evening and dropped our stuff at the hostel, then found us some food and went to a pub called Shakespeare's to try some Scottish beer. We're not huge fans, but that's ok. On Saturday we spent a good part of the day at Edinburgh castle, which has some great views and we got a tur with the price of admission so that was cool. Afterwards we walked down the Royal Mile window shopping and stopping in some sights along the way (the chapel and the Children's museum (crack baby!)). Then we met Jeni's H.S. friend and her friends for dinner and nightlife. Sunday: Holyrood Palace, which is where the Queen stays when she goes to Edinburgh, and where we got an audio guide with the price of admission; The Queen's Gallery, where they had a Faberge exhibit going on; The National Gallery - free!; a Ghosts & Ghouls tour, where hey told some ghost stories and historical stuff and took us down into the vaults below the city - of course I was a bit spooked. Anyway, I highly reccommend it as a weekend trip,and the scenery on the trainride is breathtaking at points.
    Today I need to find a hostel for Danielle and I when we go to Paris for a weekend and figure out some more Austria stuff for Jen and I when we go during Reading Week. It's a hard life...
    Send me e-mails! I like e-mails.

    No comments: