Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, February 9, 2007

    thoughts from the road

    Three days back on the road, and it's been a crazy one, full of cell phone and truck drama.  And as much as I find the lack of independence that is inherent in being out on the road incredibly frustrating, I really love being on the road too.  I don't have time to think about anything that is NOT tour related.  Literally.  I was telling Judy as she drove me to Ryder the other day, that when you're on tour, you eat, sleep, and breathe the tour.

    I didn't have ANY chance to check my e-mail in the past two days.  It just wasn't going to happen.  So even though a few people from the outside world briefly intruded into my tour life, I really didn't think about them.  But then I come online and DO check my e-mail (finally), and get on myspace and facebook, and I'm reminded of that other life I have, in Milwaukee, and even Pennsylvania.  And it's a little bit upsetting right now; honestly, there are several aspects that I LIKE not thinking about right now.  Recently I've been easily hurt by the most random things.  Things that should not upset me, and I'm just paranoid, and wanting attention, and clingy and all that same old stuff, but to a larger degree, and I don't enjoy it.

    With all that said, I'm really glad I was in Milwaukee last week.  It was a weird week, but one that I'm glad I was there for.  I like touring.  And I like the fact that I'm about to go get in a hot tub.  The end.

    No comments: