Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 24, 2007

    much-needed time off

    I really wish AOL Journals would add more mood options.  Seriously.  These are the same options I had back in 2002, when I started this journal (and was working on The Fantasticks at MSMT...)

    This week was long, as is every other week, really.  I think it felt longer because I had 3 performances of Misalliance this week, as opposed to the normal 2 we'd been having.  This week is another 3-show week for us.  Timon rehearsals are going well; we finished staging Act II on Sunday so it's all about run-throughs now.  If I haven't mentioned that it's the heaviest prop show of the season, well, it kinda is.  Night of the Iguana, the other second rep show, is probably at a tie with it in number of props right now, but seriously...these are BIG shows!

    Timon, at least, is rather short, and will clock in at about 2 hours with a 20 min. intermission.  I like it much more than I thought I would; I think Kate's adaptation is very successful and being in rehearsals was a lot like being back in my favorite Shakespeare class, Shakespeare's London, with Andrew Tidmarsh.  Good times.

    The weekend was awesome.  Ev made me take Saturday off, since it was a two-show day for Much Ado and Merchant, and she knew how many hours I'd been working (I clocked in at 60.25 hours this week...even WITH Saturday off completely).  And that doesn't include time spent at work eating.
    Anyway, so Laura came up on Friday night, sat in for a little bit of Timon rehearsal and then saw my show.  We also had a nummy dinner at Culver's and went to karaoke.  Then I got to sleep til 11:30 the next day, before we went to the General Store for breakfast... where I ran into Lauren and Venessa and two other friends, who invited me to go swim in the river with them and have a cook-out at their campsite for dinner.  So I did, and it was GREAT.  I'm gonna go swim in that river every chance I get from now on!

    Sunday was back to work for rehearsal and a show, Monday was a slow and sleepy day off, and today is a Daylight Day of Rest before I head in for a 7:30p show.  I better get some paperworkdone during the show, cuz I'm kinda behind...

    Harry Potter
    has been ordered, but hasn't arrived yet.  In the meantime, I'm trying to console myself over the ending of Buffy with some Angel and some Slings & Arrows (which I found in my living room and really enjoy)... but it's not the same.  I hate that feeling!  Good things need to stop coming to an end.  Unless they're written by Robert Jordan, in which case, I very much hope we get to see an end.

    I think I'm done rambling now.  Go check out See Jane Work and MicroCenter Online, because I love these sites.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Oh, your day off with swimming in the river and having a cookout sounds like so much fun.  I want to go swimming in the river, too.  Unfortunately, it's only like 70 here... not exactly swimming weather.

    So, I realized upon clicking through on the link to the WoT wikipedia page that I'm not sure I could even name all of the the Wheel of Time books in order any more.  I'm actually most surprised that the recent books (with the exception of Path of Daggers, which doesn't really qualify as recent anymore) actually have similar word counts to the first couple.  I'd been feeling like all the recent books were significantly shorter (similar # of pages, but more space between the lines), but I guess not.