Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, April 22, 2007

    "Time to be hitteen' the old road, now!" - Rick Steadman, The Nerd

    After a very restful and nice few days home in PA, it's time to make that special 13-hour drive back to Milwaukee tomorrow.  The plan is to leave around 11 tomorrow and drive for 8 hours or so...or however long it takes me to get tired of driving, and then sleep in a hotel wherever I am, and continue the drive on Tuesday.  Then pack pack pack, go to karaoke, pack pack pack, and depart for Spring Green on Friday.  I start at APT on Monday.  EEE!

    This will be the longest I've ever driven anywhere by myself... I think the longest drive I've ever actually made by myself was 4 hours or so?  And on the way out here, I was on a plane (two even) by myself for the very first time.  A week of firsts.

    ALSO, the first of my friends announced her engagement last week - Jess Ball - and then tonight I saw on facebook that Beth Bliel, my best friend from summer camp before kindergarden is now engaged too!!  That's two engagements in one week; third one's a charm, right?  Who's next?  Anyway, that's all very exciting.

    As I mentioned, home has been great - I got to see Jen V., Lydia, Noelle, and I also managed to get all the little chores done that I needed to, as well as go to DSW with Mom and let her buy me two pairs of shoes ;)  Lydia introduced me to a great band whose show we went to at an Irish pub on Saturday night... they're called Greenwich Meantime and I really enjoyed the show... I wish they would play at Irish Fest in Milwaukee!

    I'm sure I'll be posting many pictures of Penny on my Flickr site once I'm all unpacked and all that good stuff, so be sure to check that out, and in the meantime, you can check out all my gorgeous pictures from the opening of The Nerd.  Good show, good times...

    Wish me safe travels!

    No comments: