Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, December 31, 2006

    things to be thankful for

    This week has qualified as SUCH a great and wonderful week.  Last Friday night started out a bit rocky, but with the help of some special people named Laura, Julissa, and Demetrios, I cheered up and realized how great my friends are.  Just having someone to call who I can sit there and be an idiot around, means a lot to me. 

    The next day my sister and Mom flew in from out of town, and although I was working on Guys on Ice, we proceeded to have a really wonderful Christmas week, with lots of eating, relaxing, watching Veronica Mars...  it was really great.  I didn't see much of my friends that week, and in fact was feeling rather anti-social... but it didn't matter, because my family was here.

    Yesterday my sister left (Mom had left the day before), and I immeditaly felt depressed and awful about not getting to see my family more often than this.  But I went to work and tried to cheer up, and lo and behold, had a really wonderful day leading into what has so far been a really wonderful birthday today... all because of the great people here who really make me feel loved and cared for.  I'm sure the rest of the night will be a great one, surrounded by friends.

    This Christmas/Birthday week, I'm SO thankful for my family... and for the friends here who have become a family to me over the past year and a half.

    Happy New Year!

    No comments: