Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, March 10, 2006

    another article, life update

    Regarding Intimate Apparel: http://www.mkeonline.com/story.asp?id=1391323

    Life update:  Lydia's visit was great.  I'm so glad she was able to come when I had four days off in my life.  We went to the opening of A Month in the Country (no, I didn't work on that show), wandered around town and ate quite a bit, went to the art museum, saw a movie at the Oriental Theater, watched the Oscars, etc.  Oh, and I took her to see Intimate Apparel as well.  I've determined from her visit that I'm GREAT to visit, because of all the free stuff I provide:  a place to sleep, towels, groceries (thank you Wisconsin), two plays, $22 off our dinner at Mader's, beer at the opening night party, 1/2 off our art museum tickets, a cab ride, wine, internet service, cable...all of these things were free.

    Today I got an e-mail from Troy Dwyer saying he wants to work with me this summer.  This made me both VERY happy (to hear from him, who I haven't spoken to since sometime before graduation, and that he thought of me as the person to SM his play despite the fact that I havenm't spoken to him since last May) and also rather sad (I couldn't say yes to working with him because I don't know that I'll be back from Milwaukee yet when rehearsals for his show begin). 

    Tuesdays with Morrie prep is going great.  I'm excited to be working on this show.  Everyone just gushes about the director, Paul Barnes, non-stop.  It's just a two-person show, in the Stiemke, I'll be acting as ASM both throughout rehearsals and through the run, and Mark Sahba, the SM, will definitely let me do my thing without looking over my shoulder or doubting my skill.  Plus, he's fun.  And we MIGHT be doing 6-hour days, which I have NEVER done and I think it's about time!  For those of you not in the know, six straight hours of rehearsal (with ten-minute breaks and one twenty-minute break) tallies up under Equity rules as the same amount of hours as an 8-hour rehearsal day (with ten-minute breaks plus a two-hour dinner break).  So, when doing 8 hour rehearsal days (the standard in my life), it goes something like this...

    10 - 11:30 am Meetings, rehearsal set-up

    11:30 - 4:30 pm Rehearsal

    4:30 - 5:00ish pm Dinner break (aka paper-work on the computer)

    5:00ish - 5:30ish Dinner break (eat some food)

    5:30 - 6:30 pm Dinner break (more paperwork, set-up for rehearsal)

    6:30 - 9:30 pm Rehearsal

    9:30 - 11:30ish Paperwork, etc.  So, 8 hours of rehearsal = 13 or so hours of work.

    Now, let's look at a 6-hour day!

    10:00 - 11:30 am Meetings, set-up for rehearsal

    11:30 am - 5:30 pm Rehearsal

    5:30 - 8:00ish Paperwork, etc.  So, 6 hours of rehearsal = 10 hours of work.

    That's three less hours of work!  Now, how amazing would this be in my life?  (Says the girl who has been a bit bored this week with her evenings off..haha)

    Anyway, I'm done with that now.  In other news, I have recently turned into a female again and it's really quite annoying!  Grr.  The end.

    No comments: