Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, November 21, 2005

    Harry Potter

    Just got back from seeing Goblet of Fire...  heavy.  The movie is heavy.  It earned that PG-13.  I really enjoyed it - I'm always a fan of these movies for what they are, which is not a direct screen translation of the books, which would NOT be good, but an adaptation, which CAN be good.  The first and second succeeded as nice bits of fluff, the third was GOOD, and this one is as well.  I really think these movies only work really well if you incorporate the darkness.  (With that said, I'm not particularly looking forward to Order of the Phoenix, which will struggle to be anything BUT dark.)  So, anyway, where was I going with this? 

    My thoughts on the movie:  these kids keep getting better, as well as good-looking.  Good casting...I mean, who really thought that Daniel Radcliffe would turn out to be a looker when they first saw him at 11 years old?  Not I.  Dumbledore, good.  Cedric, good.  Voldemort, good.  The beginning of the movie, ON SPEED.  I don't recommend seeing this movie if you haven't read the book.  What's stopping you at this point?  Really?  Yule ball, good.  End, heavy.

    As Orson Scott card says, "Goblet may deserve some weird kind of award for having created the funniest and sexiest scene with a ghost in a bathtub ever made."  True that.

    No comments: