Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, October 9, 2005

    "That's just like life, isn't it?" - Baptistan, A Flea in Her Ear

    A Flea in Her Ear has closed.  I'm sad.  I haven't been so sad about a show closing since Annie Get Your Gun...  The rest of the run was interesting.  One of the resident actors slipped on the Act II stairs on Saturday night's performance and tore a tendon in his knee.  His Understudy had to go on 10 minutes later, and our closing performance today was done by his understudy.  Chris did a great job with it, everyone handled things very well, and it was a learning experience!  Peter seems to be doing fine, too, so all in all, not a bad closing. 

    And I have plenty of things to work on in the coming weeks, so I won't be bored at ALL; the opposite in fact.  But I'm going to miss this show.  During the scene shift today, it registered that that would be the last time I'd get in my costume and feather dust the chairs and run that damn curtain across the stage and move the escape stairs.  Last hand-off of the champagne bottle, last intermission shift with Sam and Glenn, last baguette piece to be eaten.  I'll miss the crew, who I will see again during Sueno but not actually ever run a show with again.  I'll miss Kelly and Briana, the WONDERFUL SM and ASM.  Briana of course will be in the office every day with me, but I don't think we're working any more shows together.  And Kelly will go away and have her baby.  I won't work with any of these actors again until Sueno either, and some of them it'll be longer, and some of them already left Milwaukee for good. 

    This was a great first out-of-college experience.  I learned a lot, had a lot of fun, got thrown right into the thick of things (where I love to be), and I'll miss this show!  Next up:  a week of prep for Andrews Brothers and Guys on Ice, then the following week GOI goes into tech and Andrews Brothers starts rehearsals.  Sigh.

    No comments: