Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, May 26, 2007

    "dreams and sewing machines" - Imogen Heap

    To give you some background, yesterday I had a sore throat and splitting headache.  After work I planned to go striaght home and to bed.... but then I heard the SMs wanted to go to The Shed for a pizza... which I couldn't say no to.  So I went, and on a night when I normally would have stayed there much longer than my SM friends, I had one beer and then went home, craving bed.

    Thus begins sleep.

    I was at a bar (which seemed to be someone's living room) with the SMs, and a few other work people (faceless, of course...)  I was flirting with a cute boy, but it wasn't going too well and I felt rejected.  I also felt very diroriented - drunk - but like gaps of time were missing from the night.  When we went to leave, I forgot that I had driven to the bar and was surprised to see my ride, Rosie the Golf Cart.  So, I started driving her home alone, confused that I didn't remember driving over there.  But at every intersection I went past, there was some kind of car crash.  No people, just smashed cars in the middle of intersections.  I knew that there must have been some natural disaster (earthquake? a tornado would be much more likely), and again, was confused that I didn't remember feeling an earthquake.

    So, I get home (it's day now) to my house in PA.  I walk in the front door (which I never do), and everything is on fire.  There's a little balloon of no fire just inside the front door, but aside from that, everything is up in flames.  I can tell that there's no way that the animals could have gotten out, and worry about them passed out in some part of the house where I can't get to them.

    Rewind.

    I open the front door, and a cat immediately runs out to safety.  No dog though.

    Rewind.

    I open the front door, and now the area of no fire has expanded to include the entire front hallway.  At the end of it I can see Stacey, who looks absolutely fine.  I call her, and she comes bounding down the hallway and out the door to safety.  I grab her collar (the electric fence one, although she doesn't get shocked) and teather her to a post we have in our front yard.  Then I notice Mrs. Henneke doing yard work in her lawn next door.  So I comment to her from where I am that my whole house is on fire.  "That's why I'm tying the dog up out here."

    She comes over, and says it's weird that the fire alarm isn't going off.  I walk back into the house to check and see if the fire alarm batteries are dead, but they seem fine.  It's really hot in the house, obviously.

    Too hot to bear, so I wake up, and I am SO hot and feel SO sick.  So I take my temperature, and of course it's above 100.

    I like the way my dream incorporated the heat.  And how when something was to painful to deal with, my dream corrected it.  That's so nice of my dream.

    And now I have an unexpected day off.  Time to get back in bed.

    No comments: