Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, September 28, 2005

    Life

    So, on Friday night I'm Stage Managing a special event in the Stiemke Theatre, part of a late night comedy series that's going on at the Rep through December.  I SM the first and third ones, then Melissa does the second and fourth ones.  There may be some in the second half of the season, too, but we won't find that out til later.  And, we get paid a little extra to do it!  Yay...  It should be fairly stress-free, because it's going to a very simple thing with a general wash of light and 2 or 3 sound cues.  Definitely not a biggie, but it'll be on the fly since this is not the kind of thing you rehearse for.  The only part that makes me a teeny stressed is that I haven't yet worked in the Stimeke (only the Powerhouse), so I'm not too well acquainted with it, and we all know that every individual theatre has its own special little quirks. 

    Also looming on the horizon...  Flea will close in two weeks, and then I go straight into Guys on Ice tech.  I'm basically the ASM on the show, but it's a returning/traveling show which is up performing in Door County right now, so there are no rehearsals here until tech, nor will I meet the SM until then.  So I need to do all the prep week stuff for that (pre-show checklists, callboard info, shift plot, etc.) before tech just based on the info they have from doing it here last year.  Should be interesting!

    Meanwhile, as soon as Guys on Ice goes into tech, prep week for my next show, Andrews Brothers begins.  I'm ASMing that.  Now, Andrews Brothers is in the Cabaret and therefore by definition should not be a big show, but this director apparently is big on props, so because I'll be in tech for Guys while I should be doing fun things like preparing a prop plot for Andrews Brothers, I basically need to do all this in the next week and a half before Flea closes.  Once Guys on Ice opens I'll be running it (there for all performances) and whenever I'm not at a Guys performance I'll be in rehearsals for Andrews Brothers, and trying to keep a handle on all the things that (in the real world) an ASM needs to keep a handle on.

    Life is about to get crazy again.

    No comments: