Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, June 4, 2004

    YAY Harry Potter!

    "The spiders want me to tap dance!  I don't want to tap dance!" -Ron, still scared by a nightmare

    "Tell them that." -Harry

     "Okay, I'll tell them that." - Ron, going back to sleep

    So, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban had the biggest opening day ever (it beat out RotK by 6 million!  What's that about?!), and I was there to see it.  Shannon and I were all ready - she made us popcorn to bring with, I brought a soda with me, she bought a soda and then I got a thing of Milk Duds for a mere $1.  So food in hand, we journeyed to check out the line for theatre #1, which was ENORMOUS.  Now, anyone who's been to Neshaminy's theatre knows how damn big the big theatres are...and these were a LOT of people waiting in line....which we were not yet in.  So, Shan had a word with a manager, and he let us go straight in and get our seats while everyone else continued to stand in line.  It was sweet!  Anyway, I loooooooved the movie.  Maybe it helped that I haven't read the book recently and thus didn't care about all the stuff they cut out?  But I loved the tone of it, and the acting is much improved this time around.  It's a good time, and I can't wait to see it again.

    I don't know what else is new.  I spoke to housing and I'm now officially moving back to Muhlenberg in June 17th - I'm kinda in denial about that though.  I've been learning how to drive stick shift, which is of course very challenging and occasionally stressful.  Last time I went out with mom we made progress though.  I'm getting much better at shifting gears smoothly.  But I only have two weeks to practice in, so I better do some more of that!  I've also gotten some more reading done - I read Howl's Moving Castle in the space of a day, which was good cute fun, and since then I've been reading Perdido Street Station, by China Mieville, which I just finished today.  He's spretty great at world-building.  I've also improved quite a bit at Grand Theft Auto ;)

    I need to catch up on phone calls and do some moreprep work before heading back to the Berg...  so if I haven't returned your phone call, I will soon!  Before I end this entry, some words for the wise:

    -Don't forget to cheer on Wicked at the Tony's!

    -Duplex - bad rental; Welcome to Mooseport - good rental

    No comments: