Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, June 19, 2004

    Back at the Berg!

    Theatre Logic
    In is down, down is front,
    out is up, up is back,
    off is out, on is in,
    and of course -
    right is left, and left is right.

    A drop shouldn't and a
    block and fall does neither.
    A prop doesn't and
    a cove has no water.

    Tripping is O.K.
    A running crew rarely gets anywhere.
    A purchase line will buy you nothing.
    A trap will not catch anything.
    A gridiron has nothing to do with football.

    A Strike is work
    (in fact a lot of work).
    And a green room, thank God, usually isn't.
    Now that you are fully versed in theatrical terms,
    Break a leg...
    but not really!

     

    On that note, buy some tickets for SMT 2004!

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Hey! It's Katie, one of your little ASM's  from M4M =)  I absolutely love this poem you got here.  I'm stealing it to put into my journal, so I never forget it.  I always, and still do, get confused with some of the theater words lol!  Hope you're having a good summer, I'm coming up this weekend (The 25-27 of June), and visiting everyone.  Maybe I'll see you!
    KT

    p.s. Leprechauns are bastards.  They have no dads.

    Anonymous said...

    cool