Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, September 29, 2008

    updates...

    hey, look, AOL finally added more "mood" options so I can actually select something other than "quiet"!  It's about time...

    So right now I'm at the Honda dealer, having the car checked out for the 5th time in three weeks:
    -engine light comes on, get EGR valve replaced
    -oil change
    -engine light comes on in Milwaukee, stop by dealer to consult
    -engine light still on, take it back in in Spring Green to have clogs from bad EGR valve removed
    -engine light comes on a few hours later, go to dealer in Madison to have this taken care of once and for all.  And by "this", apparently I mean the catalytic converter...$1,100!
    Dear Honda dealer,
    thank you for the wifi.  And coffee.  And hot chocolate, aka "hocho".

    My season at APT is finally winding down.  I say "finally" not because I'm ready for the season to come to an end (one work week left...), but because I'm ready for that time of the season when things get less crazy, less busy, have some sense of finality, etc.  I would have been experiencing this much sooner if it were not for being in rehearsals for the R&J Apprentice project.  Rehearsals started during previews week of Belle's Strat and continued through yesterday, when we put on the performance for a pretty great crowd of just over 250.  I'm proud of all their hard work, and happy it went to well for them, but mostly I'm happy for me being done with rehearsals for the season!  So, this week will be office work - finalizing paperwork, going over documents for the future, etc - cleaning, striking props as the shows close, packing, moving into a new storage unit, continuing on the quest of job apps, closing AW and BEL, attending Midsummer closing, and hopefully spending some good quality time with these friends that I might not see until next April.

    Went to Milwaukee on Friday night after rehearsal with SDH and Sharon to see I Am My Own Wife and have a drink in the Cabaret.  Michael Gotch is fantastic, and I love the cab...

    Aside from my frustration with season 7 of Gilmore Girls ("BAD CHOICES!"), that's probably about it.  For those of us keeping track of my East Coast-age, methinks I will arrive back in PA on Wednesday night.  When you next see me, you should ask me how I feel about black widow spiders crawling around on my mailbox.

    No comments: