Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, October 11, 2007

    unposted entry from Tuesday

    APT season - done, done, and done!  "Timon of Athens" closed last Saturday night, "Misalliance" closed on this Saturday night, and "Much Ado" closed on Sunday night.  Oh yeah, and "Merchant" and "Night of the Iguana" closed somewhere in there, too.  Which means that I now have this week, Monday through Thursday, before I have to work again!  Although I DO have to move my stuff, and stuff.  So today I'm in Milwaukee, having brought a load of stuff to put in a smaller storage unit, and moved what was in my old storage unit into the smaller one as well.  I got to have lunch with the "Christmas Carol" SM team, and tomorrrow I drive to Chicago to FINALLY visit Lauren the way I was supposed to months ago.  And right now I'm sitting in Starbucks, enjoying my laptop.  I was very productive, having officially changed my mailing address, responding to some piling up e-mails, labeling my new Flickr photos from closing weekend, etc.  Now I need to cancel some magazine subscriptions.  I may also go to Borders; we'll see.

    Speaking of books, I've been reading like a fiend recently.  Steph has been lending me books she thinks Ill enjoy, based on my vampire THING.  So she lent me The Historian, which was a good read, although I didn't enjoy it AS much as I thought I would when I was 200 pages in.  However, as soon as I finished that, with one week of shows left, she told me I HAD to at least read the first of Stephanie Meyers' series, which starts with "Twilight"....so I read all three books in the series that have thus been published, in the course of a week.  And now I'm very MAD that I have to wait for next year for another one of her books in the series to come out.

    I mean, the first book was very enjoyable romantic fluff that dealt with, yes, vampires.  So then I'm eager to read the second book, "New Moon", which actally really pissed me off.  It was SO anti-girl power.  Now, I know these books are for young adults and are mainly fluff, but do we really need to be teaching girls that life is meaningless once your boyfriend dumps you?  Uh, yeah, it made me a bit mad, but there were other parts that I enjoyed and was annoyed at their lack of resolution by the end of the second book, so I HAD to read "Eclipse".  Umm, welcome to my new obsession.  I was HOOKED and very saddened by the ending and cried and now I wan another one to read!  Grr.

    Time to be productive again.  Before I go, though:

    -awesome exit interview with Evelyn last week.  yay.
    -Steph is going to be deck chief next summer!  YAY!
    -Sharon and Jessie got engaged on Saturday night!  YYAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!! (I teared up and shoveled chocolate into my mouth when she showed me her ring)
    -I kinda love an entire company closing all of it's shows within the space of a week and having it be closing for EVERYONE all at once.  it's a lovely sense of community.
    -it's so bizarre being in a city, small though Milwaukee may be.

    No comments: