Check the Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, May 19, 2004

    boredom

    Gotta love it when you wake up in the morning...and you're bored.  Afternoon, actually.  That's been the summer so far (in a nutshell).  Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, though!  So far since being home, I've gotten some sun, done some reading (Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams and Wicked - books I found in Beth's room, in other words), seen some movies, played some Sims, and now I'm finally getting out of the anti-social mode that plagues me when I go home.  Tonight I went out with Sam and Shan to see Shrek 2, which was funnnny, and tomorrow is lunch with Kristy.  I'm so jealous of these people who went abroad this past semester; I wish I had been in Italy or back in London!  And Jen and I saw Mean Girls last week, which was enjoyable, but it would have been nice if Jen had seen the movie, too, and I wasn't watching most of it by myself!  ;) 

    I've really been enjoying that reading, I've been reading about 3 hours every day, except today.  Wicked the musical is soooooooo nothing like the book, though - I'm a little dissappointed by that, but it's still a good read.  I haven't seen much of Jason cuz he's been off working in NYC so much, but we saw Troy last night (finally), and I enjoyed it despite it's inaccuracies.  My main problems with the movie were: a)the fact that Paris is more beautiful than HELEN is  b)Agamemnon dieing  and c)the hero shots of Achilles.  Yes, he was chiseled and pretty and impressive, but the camera didn't need to IDOLize him quite so much! 

    Next Tuesday I have to head back to reality a bit with the SMT company "picnic", but it's just a few hours of reality before I can come home and live in my boring little bubble for a bit longer.

    On a completely different note, what's with those gas prices, yo?

    No comments: